Others reported meeting their spouses through social media, chat rooms, and e-mail, among other online venues.
And while the research found that nearly 8 percent of marriages initiated offline ended in breakups, couples who met online reported lower rates of separation and divorce -- 6 percent. The authors point to previous research that indicates that people may be more honest when interacting online to explain the findings. Also, the pool of prospective partners is likely larger online, and those on online dating sites may be more focused on finding a long-term mate.
- describe 3 methods of dating rocks;
- what is an important technique used for absolute dating.
- 7 Online Dating Stats That Just Might Surprise You.
- labrinth dating rita ora?
- MORE IN Divorce.
The study notes that the majority of Americans do still meet their spouses offline, though some venues are associated with more satisfying marriages than others. Couples who meet online are also less likely to get married and generally have a poorer relationship quality that those who met offline.
Online dating warning after rape. Best online dating sites for men. Rom coms could save your marriage. Why online love is more likely to last.
- speed dating williamsburg brooklyn?
- 5 facts about online dating.
- 11 Results from Studies About Online Dating.
- Online Dating Leads To Higher Marriage Satisfaction, Lower Divorce Rates: Study | HuffPost Life!
- Online Dating Leads To Higher Marriage Satisfaction, Lower Divorce Rates: Study.
- Recent Posts;
- Couples who met online three times more likely to divorce!
The findings contradict a report from the University of Chicago which suggested that online relationships were stronger. That study was funded by the dating site eHarmony.
Tinder released new data where they conducted two surveys comparing online and offline dating. Individuals in the offline dating categories were separated into three groups: Offline and online daters differed in other ways, too.
Online daters were more flexible.